Build Industrial IoT apps with Predix. In Berlin.
Registration required at http://invent.ge/MMhack. See FAQ for details.
Europe is looking to lead the way to decarbonizing its economy and setting a global example. From the energy sector to advanced manufacturing and sustainable energy use, Europe is pushing the boundaries. Develop new solutions on GE's Predix platform to take decarbonization and sustainability to the next level.
Challenge 1: Electrification, presented by Eurelectric and EHPA
Electric vehicles, distributed renewable energy, and electric building heating can drive decarbonization and economic value. The grid needs to keep up! Innovate solutions for electrification, and evaluate decarbonization impact. Sample solutions: Renewable energy resource siting; electric heating & conversion to heat pumps analysis; EV charger siting; renewable energy integration.
Challenge 2: Advanced Manufacturing, presented by Stelia
Reducing the weight of aircraft components can drastically reduce fuel consumption and carbon emissions. This implies manufacturing a new generation of aeronautics elementary parts. Access manufacturing data to optimize manufacturing processes, and decarbonize flight by accelerating the commissioning of a new generation of aircrafts. Sample solutions: Forecast manufacturing delays based on parts complexity; detect delay drifts and optimize critical production rescheduling.
Build solutions on Predix, the Industrial IoT platform.
- One application may be submitted per team/submitter. Limit 5 people per team.
- Teams must be registered via minds and machines conference website. Please register here:http://invent.ge/MMhack (€50 per person, or €250per team. Attendee type; hackathon).
- Must solve a challenge for decarbonization in one of the two above categories.
- Must use Predix platform and services, as primary IoT platform.
- Submissions must be a web browser app (either mobile or desktop). All submissions must include an active URL where the app is deployed.
- Solutions should incorporate the Predix Developer Kit (will be supplied at hackathon).
- New/Existing Applications: Both new and existing apps may be submitted, although judging will focus on app content delivered during hackathon. Please note that all apps must not rely on technology that has not yet been announced or introduced to the market.
- Must agree to terms/conditions.
How to enter
Please register here:http://invent.ge/MMhack (€50 per person, or €250per team).
You are only eligible to participate if you are registered for the Minds and Machines Europe Conference ("Hackathon" attendee type).
This hackathon is on a docked boat at the conference venue. Pretty cool, right?! Even though the boat will close at 5pm, feel free to continue working with your team wherever/however long you'd like.
Note, space on the boat is limited. Please ensure to arrive early, to secure your spot for hacking.
June 12: 9am Kick off, 5pm close
June 13: 9am Kick off, Pitches begin at 2pm - 5pm
Vice President, Predix
Global Director of Innovation, GE Ecomagination
Director, Venture Capital and Corporate Development at GE Digital
Director, Innovation and Ecosystem, GE Digital Europe
Strategic IoT Alliance Manager with Intel Software and Services Group
Understanding and Impact
Were the data used, provided to create an app that has an IMPACT on decarbonization in EU, in either of the 2 categories?
Ease of Implementation
Extent to which the value provided to the end user is realistically achievable with existing technologies within the near term; not vague or overly complex to user, or reliant on a technology that is not yet on the market.
What is the impact on decarbonization, and creating business value?
Creativity and Innovation
Creativity and originality of the application idea, usability, design, and intuitiveness.
Is the application primarily running on Predix and leverage Predix services? Where Predix Geospatial services used? Was the Predix Developer Kit (provided by Intel) used?